[daip] Need disk 1, fixed, etc.

Chris Flatters cflatter at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Mar 31 16:12:21 EST 2000

Pat Palmer (ppalmer at oskar.uchicago.edu) writes:

> I had to reconfigure my disks on oskar at the AOC just before i left,
> and I no longer have a proper aips disk 1 (among other things) and
> cannot start up aips.

The system area (DA00) had moved. I have copied it back to the proper
place.

XAS also seemed to be trying to use the shared memory extensions while
tunnelling through SSH. This won't work and it should not have tried to
do it.

> The way I would like it to end up is shown in the table below:
>
> disk/partition on oskar.aoc.nrao.edu       AIPS disk
>
> /export/home/oskar3                  (not aips data disk)
> /export/home/oskar                    1
> /export/home/oskar2                   2
> /export/home/oskar4                   3
> /export/home/oskar6                  (not aips data disk)
> /export/home/oskar7                   4
> /mnt/old_oskar                        5

I can't do much with this since the AIPS global setup depends on how
the disks are set up for the automounter. At the moment the assignments
seem to be

1	/DATA/OSKAR_1	=	/export/home/oskar
2	/DATA/OSKAR_2	=	/export/home/oskar2
3	/DATA/OSKAR_3	=	/export/home/oskar4
4	/DATA/OSKAR_4	=	/export/home/oskar5
5	/DATA/OSKAR_7	=	/export/home/oskar7

Since there is nothing on disk 1 at the moment, the easiest way to rescue
the data from /mnt/old_oskar would be to

/usr/bin/cp -Rp /mnt/old-oskar/AIPS/DA01 /DATA/OSKAR_1

to copy everything to the new disk 1.

Otherwise, you will need to cut the following lines and paste them to a file
named .dadevs in your home directory. Remember to delete this file when you
have finished with the temporary area.

--- .dadevs starts on next line ---------------------
+ /DATA/OSKAR_1
+ /DATA/OSKAR_2