[daip] Help please

Johan van der Walt johan at fskdjvdw.puk.ac.za
Mon Mar 13 05:48:41 EST 2000

I have installed AIPS from the source code a couple of days ago. (Managed to
succesfully download the 30MB file - a rare event here to download such a
big file). I use a Linux machine.

AT the moment I have two problems which I don't know how to solve.

(1) The TV doesn't seem to work. One of the error messages give a path
and says that a file or directory XAS does not exists.

(2) When I installed AIPS I did it as root. I created an AIPS account
and installed AIPS under that account. However, it seems to me that I
now can only start AIPS as root. What should I do to be able to use
AIPS from my own account or from the AIPS account?

Johan van der Walt
Physics
Potchefstroom University
South Africa