[daip] problem with fittp

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 12 20:23:43 EDT 2000

I am not sure what is going on - error 6 is a catch-all error code for
"other" and the absence of a remhost name on the message from ZTPOPN
bothers me.  An error in ZTPOPN was fixed between the 15OCT98 and
15APR99 releases.  This error would cause ZTPOPN to be confused on the
next open if it tried to open a tape and failed.  I would recommend
killing the TPMON and exiting aips (or at least a dismount) and then
starting over.  Be sure to start TPMON in a way that allows you to see
messages from it.  There may be a message in TPMON that would clarify
things.

I wish I could be more help - these things are hard to debug remotely.