[daip] problem with fittp

chris at fcrao1.astro.umass.edu chris at fcrao1.astro.umass.edu
Mon Jun 12 13:21:47 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm trying to write data out to a remotely accessed tape drive.
I'm able to mount the tape drive fine over the network, but when I
run fittp I get the following error message:

fcrao2> FITTP1: Task FITTP  (release of 15APR99) begins
fcrao2> FITTP1: Writing to tape drive number   1
fcrao2> FITTP1: ZTPOPR: REMOTE TAPE SYSTEM RETURNS ERROR CODE      6
fcrao2> FITTP1: ZTPOPN: REMOTE OPEN ERROR   6 TO
fcrao2> FITTP1: TAPIO: ERROR   6 OPENING FILE
fcrao2> FITTP1: COULD NOT OPEN OUTPUT FILE.  IER=   8
fcrao2> FITTP1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
fcrao2> FITTP1: fcrao2       15APR99 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       1

I can't figure out what this means or what I can do about it.  I get
the same error message when I try fitld, rewind, and avfile.

I'm running the 15APR99 version on my local machine, and the remote
machine with the tape drive is running 15OCT98.  Both are Linux PCs

Thanks,

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor                                      Ph #: (413) 545-4261
Five College Radio Astronomy Observatory          Fax#: (413) 545-4223
University of Massachusetts
Amherst MA 01002                   e-mail:chris at fcrao1.astro.umass.edu