No subject

thlee thlee at iras.ucalgary.ca
Tue Jul 25 01:33:37 EDT 2000

[I extracted the 4-megs of attachment, saved in my web area:
 http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/daip_20000725.ps -- Pat]

Dear AIPS experts,

  I am using the 15APR99 version and have a problem. I used UVPLT to plot
the visibilities of 1923+210 and got a figure that I have attached in this
email. The amplitude ranges from 0 to about 1 Jy. But when I used TVFLG to
plot the same source, the amplitude range is only from 0.53 to 0.93 Jy. I
don't understand when those lower points only show out from UVPLT. I tried
to use VPLOT and PRTUV to find those lower points, but I also couldn't
find them. I am not sure if those points are real. Please tell me what
could possibly go wrong.

  Also, I was trying to clip those lower points (just in case if they are
real) . TVFLG cannot see them, and UVFLG can only clip amplitude for a
single souce file. Right now I am kind of stuck. I don't know what task I
can use. Is there another way to clip the amplitude of a source from a
multi-source file?

  Please help me on this. Thank you very much!!

Regards,
ting-hui

Ting-Hui Lee           E-mail: thlee at iras.ucalgary.ca
Department of Physics and Astronomy,  University of Calgary
2500 University Drive, N.W., Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4