No subject

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Thu Jul 6 10:08:10 EDT 2000

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000 18:30:39 -0700 (PDT), "Andrew A. West"
   <west at bluemoon.astro.washington.edu> said:

> I am trying to load an Exabyte tape with VLA data on it and I get an error
> message:
bluemo> UVLOD1: Task UVLOD  (release of 15OCT99) begins
bluemo> UVLOD1: Reading tape drive number   1
bluemo> UVLOD1: TAPIO: LENGTH  26624 INCONSISTENT W EXPECTED AND MAX 14008
bluemo> UVLOD1: VISIN: PHYSICAL RECORD LENGTH=       0 ERROR
bluemo> UVLOD1: Appears to have ended successfully

Is this archive data or FITS?  If the former, should you not be using
FILLM instead of UVLOD?.  Also, if you could send the output from the
MOUNT command, the INPUTS from the UVLOD you tried, and the results of a
TPHEAD, that would help.  Also, use the Unix "mt" command to find out what
the OS thinks the tape drive is, e.g.:

    mt -f /dev/nst0 status       (linux)
    mt -f /dev/rmt/0ln           (solaris)

Finally, you might want to try it with FITLD instead of UVLOD.

				- Pat
--
  Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.            Division Head, Charlottesville Computing
  (804) 296-0372, 296-0236                National Radio Astronomy Observatory