[daip] strange tape problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 24 10:50:52 EDT 2000

I need more information.  Is the tape device directly attached to your
computer, what type is your computer, what type is the computer owning
the tape drive, do you run doall = -1 all the time?

I note that you were able to write these files to disk, the code to do
that is nearly identical to the mag tape code.

Your TV problems concern me.  This code is running around the world on
hundred of computers and you are the only one reporting problems.  I
would think that that would have you more concerned.  The TV is the
most important aspect of IMAGR.  In my view, all of aips is broken if
that is broken.  What does IMAGR do when it "hangs" and what did it do
just before that?

Eric