[daip] [forwarded from rcgore] [Fwd: VLBI data]

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Jul 17 10:39:36 EDT 2000

Roger,

You wrote:

>I am looking for some data to test a new set of VLBI algorithms for
>observing objects in the solar system. For this purpose I need digital
>data before it's been correlated.

There are several simmulation tasks in AIPS (UVCON, UVSIM, DTSIM...).
The tasks can simmulate the UV data for different type of sky object, different
array configuration and provide many different options.

These tasks can help you in testing your "new set of VLBI algorithms"
if you are not going testing the correlator. Testing the correlator is
a stand away problem. You need digital data before they've been correlated,
if you want to test the correlator. I do not think you really need it. But....

Leonid Kogan