[daip] AIPS tarball

Neil Nagar neil at arcetri.astro.it
Tue Dec 5 09:48:00 EST 2000

Hi,

I had downloaded the (December 5) tarfiles of AIPS 31DEC00
and attempted to use install.pl to install AIPS on my linux
machine. This resulted in an "invalid compressed data: crc-error".
I had a similar error on attempting to install the previous days
(December 4) version. The untar'ing recovers ~3147 files (or ~5736)
and install.pl continues for a bit only to crash in a few steps.
Is the error on the compressed file at your site?

(As a test, I tried "gunzip 31DEC00.tar.gz" and this too gives a crc
error).

Its a rather long download to conduct a more complete statistical
investigation!

thanks,
Neil.