[asac]ALMA in the FY2003 budget proposal

Al Wootten awootten at NRAO.EDU
Wed Feb 13 12:08:55 EST 2002

Folks

As you heard in the ASAC telecon, there are words about ALMA in the Budget
proposed by the Executive Branch of the US government to Congress last week.
Some have expressed interest in them so I will pass along links unearthed by
Simon Radford for your possible interest:

There is a summary in which ALMA is mentioned as a wonderful thing,
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2003/pdf/bud28.pdf (page 7)

ALMA funding profile, metaschedule, etc.
http://www.nsf.gov/bfa/bud/fy2003/nar_mrefc.htm

$ 30 M in FY 03, $ 51 M in FY04

Clear skies,
Al
| Alwyn  Wootten   (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)	 |
| Project Scientist, Atacama Large Millimeter Array/US   |
| Astronomer, National Radio Astronomy Observatory       |
| 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475, USA |
| (434)-296-0329 voice             Help us build The ALMA|
| (434)-296-0278 FAX               {>    {>    {>    {>  |