[asac] enhancements document

Tetsuo Hasegawa tetsuo.hasegawa at nao.ac.jp
Tue Oct 23 14:07:05 EDT 2001

Dear Al,

Thanks for a follow up.  The specification document I was referring to was
exactly what you have in your site.

With best,

Tetsuo

At 10:38 -0400 01.10.23, Al Wootten wrote:
>Dear ASAC Members,
>
>According to my materials also the lower frequency bound for Band 10 is
>787 GHz.  The latest version of the receiver specifications lists this
>(http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/mmaimcal/asac/ALMA_FE_specs_V20.pdf)
>as discussed at our May 2001 telecon meeting
>(http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/mmaimcal/asac/asacmay01agenda.html
>and
>http://www.mma.nrao.edu/committees/ASAC/asacmay01minutes.html).
>This has not changed, and no change request is pending, since the original
>White Paper.
>
>The attached document was too long for propagation to the list
>
>Clear skies,
>Al
>Bounced message from Tetsuo:
>Dear ASAC members,
>
>(Sorry, I failed to attach the file.)
>
>Yutaro Sekimoto noticed an inconsistency between our "Enhancements
>Document" and the ALMA frontend specification; the former states that Band
>10 covers from 767 GHz to 950 GHz (Pages 3 and 11), while the specification
>says it is from 787 GHz to 950 GHz (see Table 1 of the attached document).
>I do not remember any discussion on changing this spec, and I think it is
>simply our mistake in the ASAC document.
>
>With best,
>
>Tetsuo

Tetsuo HASEGAWA, D. Sc.   <tetsuo.hasegawa at nao.ac.jp>
ALMA-J Project Scientist
Professor, National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
2-21-1 Osawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181-8588, Japan
Phone +81-422-34-3780 / FAX +81-422-34-3764