[asac] enhancements document

Al Wootten awootten at NRAO.EDU
Tue Oct 23 10:38:38 EDT 2001

Dear ASAC Members,

According to my materials also the lower frequency bound for Band 10 is
787 GHz.  The latest version of the receiver specifications lists this
(http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/mmaimcal/asac/ALMA_FE_specs_V20.pdf)
as discussed at our May 2001 telecon meeting
(http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/mmaimcal/asac/asacmay01agenda.html
and
http://www.mma.nrao.edu/committees/ASAC/asacmay01minutes.html).
This has not changed, and no change request is pending, since the original
White Paper.

The attached document was too long for propagation to the list

Clear skies,
Al
Bounced message from Tetsuo:
Dear ASAC members,

(Sorry, I failed to attach the file.)

Yutaro Sekimoto noticed an inconsistency between our "Enhancements
Document" and the ALMA frontend specification; the former states that Band
10 covers from 767 GHz to 950 GHz (Pages 3 and 11), while the specification
says it is from 787 GHz to 950 GHz (see Table 1 of the attached document).
I do not remember any discussion on changing this spec, and I think it is
simply our mistake in the ASAC document.

With best,

Tetsuo