[asac] IMPORTANT; PLEASE RESPOND

Tetsuo Hasegawa tetsuo.hasegawa at nao.ac.jp
Tue Jun 19 00:44:33 EDT 2001

Dear ASAC members,

Attached EXCEL file is a list of candidate science examples that may or may
not benefit ACA.  It is an outcome of a brainstorming among Japanese
scientists including Kotaro Kohno, Ryohei Kawabe, Ken'ichi Tatematsu,
Naomasa Nakai, Koh-Ichiro Morita and myself.  The "Y" in the column under
the title "Is ACA beneficial?" means a possibility that ACA may bring its
scientific benefit to the program, provided that the object is bright
enough so that the dynamic range of the image is not limited by statistical
noise.  The actual merit of ACA needs to be evaluated more carefully for
each example taking actual surface brightness and structure into account.

We hope that this list serves as a starting point toward our clear and
objective evaluation of the scientific merit of ACA.

With best,

Tetuso