[alma-config] Pad 168

Mark Holdaway mholdawa at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 25 12:26:34 EST 2005

Al,

I can't find John's pad document, but I suspect that it will indicate a
position for
pad 168 more like  E626.182  N7.451.516  (ie, did you get this position
ONLY from
the Y+ document?).

Looking through my old work, I find the above coordinates for pad 168 in
documentation John
sent in in December 2002.  Station 168 was indeed chosen to be one of 16
Conway pads which
were to be included in the Y+ array, and as such it was "required" by
the software to remain
fixed, while 44 other pads were able to move about in the optimization.
Apparently,
an error was made.  The position you quote below, which is indeed in my
array configuration files,
is not even in my mask.  The position I quote above is to be found in
John's mask, and it
must be well within the boundaries of the science preserve.

So, I don't think there is any problem with John's work, and I can't say
at this point where in
my process the error occurred, but I will say that I will be on the
lookout for this this sort of
problem in round 2 of the configuration work.

   -Mark