[evlatests] [evla-sw-discuss] parameter simplification for the VHF receivers

Michael Rupen mrupen at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 29 15:49:11 EDT 2012

> problem is, if we change this at the executor, MCAF will never know. that's
> what i'm concerned about.  now, if it's *always* the same, then i guess we
> could program it into MCAF but those kinds of hard-coded solutions always
> concern me (and i know i'm not alone!).  i guess we could overload the
> intents, yet again, and add one for this kind of thing.

Yuck.  Even though this does point towards SpW-based intents, which I've
always wanted...

I was thinking we could pull this directly from the lo setup in the
script, and pass that along to MCAF through the Executor.  We already
tell MCAF the baseband used for each Spectral Window, and this is
really an aspect of that -- just pass along another element giving
the receiver/feed.  Of course how that works in detail is for you
Executor pundits to discuss, so I'll shut up now ;)

       Michael