[Difx-users] Synthetic Tests issue

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Mon Feb 15 05:34:52 EST 2021

Hi David,

Thanks for reporting this! I made the suggested change, verified that it
ran correctly, and have now committed the patch.

By the way, your post was initially held up for moderation as the email
address you posted from wasn't on the difx-users list - you might want to
sign up at https://listmgr.nrao.edu/mailman/listinfo/difx-users (or update
your address, if you're currently signed up with another one.)

Cheers,
Adam

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 at 08:26, David Munton via Difx-users <
difx-users at listmgr.nrao.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>     A co-worker and I have been learning how to install and use DiFX and
> we ran into an small issue with the Synthetic tests located in the
> /tests/Synthetic directory.  Since I haven't seen this reported I
> thought I would pass
> along the issue and the solution.
>
> Symptoms: When the createData.sh and then run-all.sh scripts are run,
> the output fits files are all about 85kB in size and contain an empty UV
> data array.
> The corresponding files in the *.difx directories are all 0 bytes in
> size. errormon2 only
> shows INFO and VERBOSE messages, and the applications run without error.
> This behavior only appeared recently.
>
> Solution:  There appears to be an incompatibility in the time used in the
> generateVDIF call, which by default is "now", and one of the underlying
> files.
> The solution is to modify the createData.sh script to add the keywork
> argument
> "-year 2020"
> to each generateVDIF call.   Doing so then generates more appropriately
> sized
> fits files.
>
> Regards,
>          David
>
> *************************************
> *  David Munton
> *  Applied Research Laboratories
> *  The University of Texas at Austin
> *  dmunton at utexas.edu

A/Prof. Adam Deller
ARC Future Fellow
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
John St, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
phone: +61 3 9214 5307
fax: +61 3 9214 8797