[Difx-users] DIFX-2.6.2 complex data

Phillips, Chris (CASS, Marsfield) Chris.Phillips at csiro.au
Wed Nov 25 06:34:11 EST 2020

Hi all,

Cormac and I have discovered that not all the fixes for complex voltage streams made their way  into DIFX-2.6.2 release. This affects complex “double sideband” data at the minimum. Trunk seems OK.

>From (brief) testing with some synthetic data, this seems to reduce SNR for complex double sideband uppersideband, and completely destroy fringes for double sideband, lower sideband.

I have created a patch, which I will roll out as a 2.6.3 release. Before I create a tagged release for initial testing, it would be good if anyone with complex sampled data could test the changes.

If you are able to assist with this, please send me an email and I will send details on how to test this. (Basically it is a patch to vex2difx and mpifxcorr).

Cheers
Chris