[Difx-users] DiFX mini-workshop #2: Tuesday December 1

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Wed Nov 25 21:19:02 EST 2020

Hi all,

The second in our mini-workshop series on DiFX is fast approaching, and
will kick off at 1500 UTC on December 1.  Connection details follow at the
end of this email.

The agenda is shown on
https://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/dokuwiki/doku.php/difx/meetings/2020miniworkshop2,
and is focusing on mixed polarisation cases and sideband issues.  As this
workshop is scheduled for 2am Australian time, I may not attend, so I*'d
like to request a volunteer to moderate - please let me know if you are
willing. * The responsibilities are to move through the agenda, keep a few
notes (or designate someone else to) and start/stop the recording.  As long
as you can connect to the zoom meeting a little ahead of time while I am
still awake, I could transfer host privileges to the moderator to enable
this last point.

Some follow-up information from DiFX mini-workshop #1 last week - I've
heard that most places in China can access github ok, but some cannot.  To
circumvent this problem, we could host a mirror of the DiFX git repo (once
active) somewhere else that isn't subject to blocking in China - I could
probably facility this at Swinburne.

See you all again soon,
Adam

Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
    Please click this URL to start or join:
https://swinburne.zoom.us/j/86521174162?pwd=TlFnY3BlVld4UDc0ckE5aHB4RXhDUT09
    Password: 814026

Join from dial-in phone line: