Year2000

Arnold Rots arots at xebec.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Jun 27 14:34:13 EDT 1997

Here is another round of modifications, based on discussions
with Barry and Don.

  - Arnold

--------------------------------%<----------------------------------------

Proposed changes to the DATExxxx proposal,
version dated 1997-06-25

1997-06-26T18:34:00

1. Insert the following sentence at the beginning of section 1:
"Although this document formally defines the format of the value
field of the DATE-OBS keyword, the same format is recommended for
all other keywords specifying date and time which we shall refer
to collectively as DATExxxx."

2. Replace in section 3.2:
"'T' is the time designator."
by:
"The literal 'T' is the ISO 8601 time designator."

3. Replace in section 3.2:
"The decimal point character is an ASCII full-stop."
by:
"The decimal point character is an ASCII full-stop (hexadecimal value 0x2E)."

4. Replace in section 4.4:
"The value of the DATExxxx keywords shall be expressed in the time
   scale or time system that is dominant in the HDU."
by:
"The value of the DATExxxx keywords shall be expressed in the principal
   time scale or time system of the HDU to which they belong."

5. Add in section 7.1:
"IAT  International Atomic Time; deprecated synonym of TAI."

6. Replace in section 7.6:
"   The VLBA project has adopted a convention where the keyword TIMSYS, rather
   than TIMESYS, is used."
by:
"   The VLBA project has adopted a convention where the keyword TIMSYS, rather
   than TIMESYS, is used, currently allowing the values UTC and IAT."