Year2000

Don Wells dwells at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Jun 26 11:04:43 EDT 1997

Dear WFC members,

"AR" == Arnold Rots <arots at xebec.gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:
AR> This file contains a proposal for how to revise the definition of the
AR> DATExxxx keywords to provide a 4-digit year.  It has been developed as a
AR> distillation of discussion on the sci.astro.fits newsgroup, electronic
AR> mail interchanges, discussion with Preben Grosbol, and discussions within
AR> the WGAS (North American) FITS Committee [WFC]. ..

This version of the DATExxxx proposal was developed during five weeks
of private discussions between Arnold Rots, Steve Allen and me. This
posting has my approval (and Steve's approval too, I believe), and I
heartily recommend---and urge---that the members of WFC consider this
proposal promptly.

If you (the individual members of WFC) also approve and support this
proposal, say so TODAY in postings to this WFC exploder. If any of you
want any further changes to the proposal, post those messages ASAP to
the exploder.

Regards,
Don Wells
(Chair, IAU FITS Working Group, on WFC mailing list ex officio)
  Donald C. Wells         Associate Scientist         dwells at nrao.edu
                    http://fits.cv.nrao.edu/~dwells
  National Radio Astronomy Observatory                +1-804-296-0277
  520 Edgemont Road,   Charlottesville, Virginia       22903-2475 USA