[Pafgbt] Photos of shelf

Bob Simon bsimon at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 4 15:49:34 EST 2013

Hi Brian, Junming,
I've spent a couple days looking at the power levels in the PAF, and
making some measurements. There was a problem in that the block diagram
didn't match the as-built hardware. I've updated sheet one of the block
diagram to reflect the corrections. See:
https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/Main/PafDevelop
>From measured data Roger took, the cryo amps have a gain of 40db. The
gain in the 300K RF section just before the optical section is +32db.
For matching, Roger planned a 2db pad between the cryo amp and the 300K
section, but these aren't in place, and may not be needed, as the input
match of the mini-circuits ERA-51SM+ amps is better than 20db. So we
have 40+32=72db gain in front of the optical transmitter. I checked the
input and output return loss of the unit, as well as the isolation. I
can up-load this data to the wiki if anyone is interested.
bob..