[Pafgbt] Photos of shelf

Brian Jeffs bjeffs at byu.edu
Fri Feb 1 12:51:52 EST 2013

Bob,

Just to elaborate on what Junming mentioned:

In past operations with the 20 meter telescope and the Arecibo telescope we have only had about 30-40 dB of LNA gain ahead of our receiver boards.  This matched the signal levels pretty well at the ADCs.  Since you now have much more gain ahead of the receiver cards (I assume this is in order to put the signal above the noise floor in the fiber link) we will need to attenuate by 40-50 dB at the output of your fiber receiver before going into our receiver boards.  At least that is our current thinking so that we do not overdrive our receivers.  Before we buy attenuators (in-line MiniCircuits sma type) we want to confirm the level calculations, and see if you had any other ideas.

Thanks,

Brian