[Pafgbt] PAF/GBT progress report

Rick Fisher rfisher at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 16 14:43:17 EST 2012

PAF/GBT progress report:

Bob Simon has been looking at the progress of work in the Green Bank shop
that's required to put the PAF on the GBT for the first time, and it's
clear that a GBT run in January is too optimistic.  Because of the recent
RIF and operational priorities the shop is overloaded.  I'll work with
Toney Minter, the GBT scheduler, to see how much notice he needs for
getting the PAF on the GBT next quarter.

There is progress, however.  Bob has added quite a bit of material to the
wiki page:

https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/Main/PafDevelop

Paul has completed tests of the GBT Monitor and Control code for driving
the PAF receiver and old ADLink data acquisition system.  We're in the
process of writing a new Modification Request (MR) to incorporate the new
BYU FFT/Correlator back-end into GBT M&C.

I'm continuing to work on PAF data processing and monitoring software for
the old ADLink system, including another documentation web page:

http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~rfisher/ArrayFeed/adlink_monitor.html

Our Linux computer 'paf0' that hosts the big storage disks for this
project had a motherboard failure a few month's back, and it's been a
tough slog getting this ancient hardware repaired, but there's renewed
hope.  Thanks to the guys in Green Bank for pushing this along.

Any progress you'd like to report on this project will be much
appreciated, either as an email to pafgbt at nrao.edu or/and a wiki page
addition.

Rick