[MODEST] Second announcement -- Binary systems, their evolution and environments -- Ulaan Baatar, 1-5 Sept 2014

Richard de Grijs binaries2014 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 00:18:15 EST 2014

             S E C O N D   A N N O U N C E M E N T

       Binary Systems: Their Evolution And Environments

              Ulaan Baatar, 1-5 September 2014

   http://mongolia.csp.escience.cn/ - binaries2014 at gmail.com

!! REGISTRATION IS OPEN; ABSTRACT DEADLINE: 1 APRIL 2014 !!

   (This is not a regular mailing list; there is no need to

   "Unsubscribe: if you don't register, you will not receive any

   further emails.)

IMPORTANT DATES:

- Registration open: 16 January 2014

- Abstract submission (and initial registration deadline): 1 April 2014

- Notification of oral/poster presentations: 30 April 2014

- Third announcement: May 2014

- Deadline for submission of visa information (if applicable): 1 June 2014

- Conference: 1-5 September 2014

(We will have the conference website updated as soon as possible to

reflect these dates.)

REGISTRATION

Formal registration is now open. Even if you pre-registered, please

take a minute to update your registration now!

This also applies to all speakers and SOC members... We need to have a

census of the total number of participants, so if you don't register

you may not be able to attend...

The conference is limited to about 70 participants. If we receive more

registrations, the SOC will make a selection from the registered

participants. Admission of late registration is at the discretion of

the SOC.

The list of registered participants will be made available on the

conference website; for the time being, please have a look at our

exciting line-up of review and invited speakers at

http://mongolia.csp.escience.cn/dct/page/65581

VISAS

Participants from many countries will need to apply for a Mongolian

visa in advance of their travel. If this applies to you, please check

the visa information page at

http://mongolia.csp.escience.cn/dct/page/65584

Please strictly adhere to the deadline of 1 June 2014 for submission

of your information, so that invitation letters can be issued in June.

A copy of the application form is provided as a link from the visa

page.

If you're a US citizen you're lucky: you won't need to apply for a

visa!

ACCOMMODATION

The following website provides numerous hotel options:

http://www.mongolianhotels.net/

The local organizers recommend that you book your accommodation at the

Zaluuchuud or Puma hotels. The Puma Imperial Hotel (Ulaanbaatar) is

nearest to the University. See

http://www.welcome2mongolia.com/archives/zaluuchuud/ and

http://www.mongolianhotels.net/hotel_more.php?hid=51 for more

information.

If you need any help, please let us know and we'll pass your request

on to the local organizers for further action.

KEEP UP TO DATE!

The conference organisation is still evolving at this point. We have

reached agreement with the local Mongolia-Japan Centre to hold the

meeting there. We have been told that this is a very nice, modern

venue.

In the next few weeks, we hope to be able to provide more clarity as

regards the conference fee, social activities, options for excursions,

etc. To keep abreast of developments, please keep an eye on the

conference website, http://mongolia.csp.escience.cn/dct/page/1

We hope to see many of you in Ulaanbaatar in September!

Richard de Grijs

Licai Deng

(SOC co-chairs)