[MODEST] Aspen Winter meeting -- request for statement of interest

Alison Sills asills at mcmaster.ca
Sun Jan 8 20:04:01 EST 2012

Dear friends and colleagues,

(Apologies if you receive this email more than once).

Douglas Heggie, Steve McMillan, Simon Portegies Zwart, and I are working
to submit a proposal for a Winter Conference at the Aspen Centre for
Physics. This would be a 5-day conference during January or February
2013. Our emphasis will be the formation and early evolution of dense
stellar systems, and we will be following the MODEST tradition of
devoting time to small group and workshop sessions in addition to
standard sessions with talks.

In order to be successful, the proposal must list the names and
affiliations of researchers who have expressed an interest in attending,
and we must have a sufficiently impressive (i.e. long) list.

If there is any possibility that you could attend, or at least are
interested, please reply to me with your FULL NAME and INSTITUTION by
this Friday, January 13, at the latest.

Also, please forward this invitation to anyone who might be interested
(grad students, postdocs, other colleagues) and encourage them to also
reply to me.

Thanks in advance for your prompt replies.

Cheers,

alison

for the SOC:

Alison Sills