[MODEST] Announcement of AMUSE mailing list

Arjen van Elteren vanelteren at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Sep 16 03:52:56 EDT 2010

Dear MODEST astronomer,

About 1 year ago, we started the development of the AMUSE framework. In
that year we have constructed the basic framework for performing
multiscale and multiphysics simulations, including applications in
gravitational dynamics, stellar evolution and hydro dynamics. The
current version of the framework can be downloaded from:

www.amusecode.org

AMUSE builds on the community developed MUSE and we want to continue
this tradition with AMUSE. We hope to extend the basic framework into a
production level software environment and invite you to help us do so.
All help is welcome, from installing and sending remarks to contributing
new codes to extending the framework itself.

To facility discussions around AMUSE, we have set up a mailing list on
Google groups at:

http://groups.google.com/group/amusecode

The list is open for all questions or remarks about downloading,
installing, using and developing AMUSE. We expect a modest amount of
traffic on the list (couple of e-mails a week).

Kind regards,

Arjen van Elteren

P.S. To follow the latest developments or contribute to the code, please
send an e-mail with your name and affiliation to the mailing-list or me
(vanelteren at strw.leidenuniv.nl) and we will create an SVN account for
you.