[MODEST] Software Engineer Position in Heidelberg

Rainer Spurzem spurzem at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Sep 3 06:20:18 EDT 2007

  Dear colleagues, due to an unforeseen event there is a software engineer
position at the ARI Heidelberg for Astrogrid-D (German Grid) vacant, the work
includes Java/ xML programming, Linux system work, in particular with our GRAPE
cluster.
Working language is English. The contract is German public service tariff. Funds
are secure at present till Aug. 31, 2008 only. Prolongation is being worked
upon, may be possible. Researchers or Ph.D. students who would like to use it to
work with us or informatics in Mannheim (GRACE project) also scientifically are
welcome. If anyone is possibly interested please send me a short informal mail
till Sep. 8, and I will give more details. The working language in the job is
English or German. English only is perfectly fine.

 Best wishes

 Rainer

 PS: If you want to have some informations about what is Astrogrid-D in general
please look at www.gac-grid.org .  Something more about the relations between
Astrogrid-D and our GRACE and N-body/SPH projects can be seen on the posters at
http://www.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/mitarbeiter/spurzem/scidac2007paper.pdf
                                                    /isc2007poster-5.pdf

 Rainer Spurzem                                spurzem at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
 Astronomisches Rechen-Institut (ARI)                 Phone +49-6221-54-1830
 Zentrum für Astronomie Univ. Heidelberg (ZAH)        Fax   +49-6221-54-1888
 Mönchhofstrasse 12-14, 69120 Heidelberg
 http://www.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/mitarbeiter/spurzem/index.html
 The Rhine Stellar Dynamical Network - http://www.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/rsdn