[MODEST] (no subject)

Rosemary Mardling rosemary.mardling at sci.monash.edu.au
Wed Nov 16 00:52:41 EST 2005

Dear Enrico et al,

When KITP sent a request for proposals recently I thought of our MODEST
group.
I was going to suggest the idea to Piet but then I remembered how his
original
vision for MODEST was to avoid funding applications and keep it simple!
Well
I guess MODEST has evolved quite a bit since its first meeting in NY -
sounds
like Chicago for instance was regular conference size!

I think a KITP workshop is a great idea. It really gives people the
opportunity to
talk regularly over an extended period (and is a beautiful place to
be!) I definitely
can make the time to be there for an extended period. During the first
half of the year
is best for me.

Rosemary