[MODEST] MODEST-6

Fred Rasio rasio at northwestern.edu
Wed Mar 2 15:45:54 EST 2005

Dear star cluster enthusiasts,

We already have more than 60 people registered for the MODEST-6
conference! This promises to be a very exciting meeting, covering
perhaps a broader range of topics than usual. In particular, quite
a large number of observers have registered, in addition to the
usual theorists and stellar dynamicists. Updated information is
available at:

http://www.astro.northwestern.edu/MODEST6/

This is the last email announcement I am sending to the whole MODEST
list about this meeting, to be held in Chicago this summer (Aug 29-31).
Future announcements will be mailed to the list of registered/likely
participants only, so if you would like to receive future announcements
but have not registered yet, please do so now. Just an email response
to this message indicating that you are likely to come is sufficient.

If you are planning to attend, please note the following:

1) A block of rooms has been reserved for conference participants at
the Orrington Hotel, right next to campus and a 5 min walk to the
meeting place. Please call the hotel directly at +1-847-866-8700 or
1-888-677-4648 (toll-free in the US) and request the group rate for
the "Northwestern Physics and Astronomy" conference. Our special
group rate is $119/night (single or double, plus tax). Please make
your reservation as soon as possible as the number of available
rooms at this rate is very limited (and the regular rate is closer
to $200). More info on the hotel at http://www.hotelorrington.com/.

2) Book your flights early! You should arrive at O'Hare International
Airport (ORD) - not Midway Airport. O'Hare is very well served by
nonstop flights from around the world, but this is the summer peak
travel season, and is just before Labor Day weekend in the US, one
of the busiest times of year for air travel.

3) We are printing a poster announcing the conference. If you would
like to receive a copy (or two) to post it around your department or
institute, please email my assistant
Sylwia Walerys <sylwia at northwestern.edu>,
and request a "MODEST-6 poster", giving her your full mailing address.

Hoping to see all of you this summer in Chicago! Cheers,

Fred