[MODEST] toy model

Piet Hut piet at ias.edu
Sun Jun 30 17:12:27 EDT 2002

Hi all:

We have also written a toy model version for the SD-SE interface,
according to our second choice mentioned in the previous email:
2) multi-criteria interface (the one we discussed at the workshop).

For SD we will take two unbound stars on a head-on collision
course, to let them merge into a single star with an unusual
composition.  For SE we constructed a stick-figure version with
piece-wise linear functions for all physical quantities.

We have put all this on our our MODEST web site
<http://www.manybody.org/modest.html> ;
you can click on the last link, called "toy model".

We would be grateful to hear your reactions and suggestions.
Does all this seem reasonable?  Are there obvious improvements that
we could make, without making the whole toy model much more complex?
Is anybody aware of toy models resembling this in the literature?

Jun Makino and Piet Hut