[mmaimcal] PSI Review

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 2 17:14:45 EST 2007

Folks,

At the meeting which was planned for this afternoon, we would have discussed
science ipt input to the PSI Review to be held in Socorro 24-25 January.

When to reschedule?  Wednesday 3 Jan at 4pm EST??

Here is some further information.

Dick Sramek wrote:

Here is an update on the PSI Review that I previously announced with an
e-mail on 07-Dec-2006.

The emphasis will be less on reviewing the PSI lab effort and more on
planning and coordinating the activities at the ATF for 2007/08; tasks,
resources, IPT interactions, priorities, etc.

I'd call this the "PSI/ATF Workshop"

The dates are 24 and 25 of January 2007.  My apologies to those who will
not be able to make these dates, but this time of year it is impossible
to find a time when everyone is free.

24-Jan will be at the AOC in Socorro and 25-Jan will be held at the
VLA/ATF site; some hardware/software demo would be included.

Attached is a more detailed agenda.  Please distribute this to people in
your IPT that might like to attend.

I'd ask each IPT to send a representative to the meeting to present
their plans and deliverables at the ATF and also what kind of support
they will need from the other IPTs and what kind of support they will
provide towards this mutually interdependent effort.

As soon as possible, send me the major activities you anticipate for the
ATF so I can work on the schedule for the year.

Please send me comments on the agenda; more detail on the topics to be
covered would be good.  What is missing?  Who will speak?

..DS..

Agenda:
http://www.cv.nrao.edu/%7Eawootten/mmaimcal/PSIWorkshop2007AgendaV2_0.pdf

In that agenda, Dick singled out some items for our discussion:
      * Task: optical & radiometric & Int pointing model
      * Task: antenna location calibration
      * Task: amplitude & phase calibration
      * Task: spectral line calibration
      * Task: polarization calibration
      * Task: test/science observations
      * Support:  diagnostics for PSI & COMP

We need to discuss what it is that we would like to do, assign responsibility
for areas, and get together a list of capabilities and resources necessary to
accomplish our goals.  I would add to this list a characterization of the
effects of two antenna designs.

When the ATF closes in March 2008, science ipt may not have capability to
exercise ALMA elements until three antennas are received from AIV in late
July 2009.  We should make as our goal defining the procedures and exercising
them, inasmuch as possible, that we will use at Chajnantor in mid-2009.

When to reschedule?  Wednesday 3 Jan at 4pm EST??