[mmaimcal] ACA Antenna Specs

Mark Holdaway mholdawa at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 14 18:36:37 EST 2006

Either way (WVR's on 7m dishes,   or   spatially interpolating the
12m atmospheric phases)

we will have to introduce Yet Another Calibration Stage (YACS) to measure
the electronic phase drifts in the 7m dishes.  And we need to separate
out the
atmospheric phase from th electronic phase on the 12m dishes so we
have something to interpolate in the first place.   AND of course, while
we are doing those extra calibrations, we are NOT taking data with
the rest of ALMA, reducing the efficiency, and increasing the software
complication.

A bloody lot of pain for a modest gain.

My 2cents:  Thank God I'm Not Going to have to DO THIS!

Thinking of a different issue, the SOLAR CALIBRATION STRATEGY,
I keep realizing "Oh, THIS will need to be done in software, Yet Another
Thing Brian Glendenning Needs to Do (YATBGND)" -- one more layer which is
conceptually not difficult, but the details will interact with other
details.

I guess my blood sugar isn't right just now.

    -Mark