[mmaimcal] Volunteers URSI06: New Interferometric Calibration Techniques?

Steven T. Myers smyers at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Sep 16 14:07:34 EDT 2005

I would like to point out that there is a companion session on
"Challenges and New Algorithms for Interferometric Imaging"
that I am chairing.  I've got Mark Holdway signed up to talk on
ALMA Imaging which will also have some calibration issues one
might assume...

  -s

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Al Wootten wrote:

> Mel reminds us that there are many ALMA Calibration topics, including
> Fast switching, which would be excellent topics for the URSI session Jan 2006.
>
> It would be a good to have an ALMA calibration problem
> discussed in:
>
> "New Interferometric Calibration Techniques"
>
> we still have some open slots, but the deadline
> is this Sunday 4 pm.
> The abstracts are submitted electronically at
>  >    http://cires.colorado.edu/ursi/index.html
>  >
>  > Click on abstract submission.
>  >
>  > Click on new submission (unless revising)
>  >
>  > Fill out all the info - mostly obvious, but here are some
>  > important fields:
>  >
>  >    "Suggested Commision:"  enter Commission J
>  >
>  >    "Paper type:"           enter I or C, as appropriate
>  >
>  >    "Special Session ID (optional):" S-J2
>
>   New Interferometric Calibration Techniques
>  >        Chair: Mel Wright <wright at creek2.berkeley.edu>
>

> 250 words abstract for ALMA fast switching before Sunday ?
>
> Please let me know, and send me a copy of the abstract if you can do this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Melvyn.

|:| Steven T. Myers                      |:|  Staff Scientist          |:|
|:| National Radio Astronomy Observatory |:|                           |:|
|:| P.O. Box O                           |:|  1003 Lopezville Rd.      |:|
|:| Socorro, NM 87801                    |:|  Ph:  (505) 835-7294      |:|
|:| smyers at nrao.edu                      |:|  FAX: (505) 835-7027      |:|
|:| http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~smyers      |:|                           |:|