[mmaimcal] Re: FYI: 24 Oct 05 BIWEEKLY CALENDAR OF THE ALMA PROJECT at NRAO

Tony Beasley tbeasley at alma.cl
Thu Oct 27 06:59:02 EDT 2005

Al, to be honest I don't think we can send out the summary with the
bullets - they were our opinion of the outcome at the time, the
committee could further reflect etc. and come back with a different take
(unlikely, but....). We shouldn't speak for the committee in public,
etc., will piss everyone off.

Replace with something like:

Some 74 international panel members, ALMA/ALMA-J personnel and assorted
interested parties met for the Cost Review of the ALMA project in
Garmisch-Partenkirchen 13-16 October. The scope, schedule and budget of
the proposed 50-antenna baseline project was reviewed in detail, with
several follow-on sessions exploring specific planning issues such as
integration with ALMA-J. The information presented was comprehensive,
and the verbal report from the panel at the end of the review was
generally positive. The panel noted that "the science capability of a
50-antenna array was extremely exciting, and that ALMA remains an
extremely exciting project for the future". The detailed written report
is expected late November.

etc. more neutral on committee response, hit the "good project" point,
more info about how the review went down.

TB