[mmaimcal] Re: Proposed location of ACA is the Western of the three sites.

MORITA, Koh-Ichiro morita at nro.nao.ac.jp
Tue Jan 25 06:49:10 EST 2005

Dear All,

Sorry that I cannot attend today's telecon.

I have quickly calculated the topographical parameters
using the new DEM from Mark.  Fortunately, the results
are not changed.  ACA-W is the flattest among
three candidate sites.  Table 1 and 4 in the document
should be changed as follows:

Table 1
                       ACA-W         ACA-S        ACA-E
Elevation (m)
   Highest             5033.3        5029.0       5024.2
   Lowest              5035.8        5034.7       5029.7
Averaged Slope(%)
   Average             1.26          3.18         3.35
   Maximum             3.97          8.29         7.04

Total Slope (%)       1.82          4.52         4.15

Table 4
          Soil and Rocks to be    Maximum estimated cost
          excavated (m^3)          (k Yen)
ACA-W         5,877               ~118,000
ACA-S        16,288               ~326,000
ACA-E        16,457               ~329,000

We will revise the document soon.

Koh-Ichiro