[mmaimcal]Early science Configs

John Conway jconway at oso.chalmers.se
Thu Jan 15 12:10:16 EST 2004

Hi,

 Mark makes some good points, I agree a spatial dynamic range of 20
is hard for 6 antennas. but for a fully 1D array of 6 antennas close to
EW then  a baseline range of 20 could just about be achieved, but long
tracks  are then of course required to get good azimuthal coverage.

Its more in line with the pad pattern and expandability of the array to
full operation to have a 2D pattern of 6 antennas. For instance an outer
triangle of three antennas and an inner triangle,will give azimuthally good
uv covergae in 3-6hrs , but has a low spatial dynamic  range (like 3-5 maybe),
however by combining two such arrays one  could get a  useful array for
astronomical imaging,

      Jihn