[mmaimcal]Re: [Almasci] Telecon today

Mark Holdaway mholdawa at tuc.nrao.edu
Wed Jan 14 11:38:06 EST 2004

I think that these are reasonable boundary conditions (though a factor
of 20 between long and short baselines for 6 antennas seems to be
stretching it -- the VLA, with 27 antennas, has a ratio of 40), but
I think the defining concepts for this task may be:

(1) that we usually want to use multiple configurations to get good (u,v)
coverage (this is ALMA, not OVRO).

(2) that we want these configurations to be "expandable" in that
we will be adding antennas every month or so.  I know this was not
part of the current objective, but that is really the ultimate task.
Initially (ie, when there are 6 antennas), we may move all or almost
all between each configuration -- but at some point, more and more
antennas will NOT be moved as we change configurations.

   -Mark