[mmaimcal]Re: Comment in ALMA memo 489

MORITA, Koh-Ichiro morita at nro.nao.ac.jp
Mon Apr 5 13:22:52 EDT 2004

Dear Mark,

> Mark's new level
> Yes, I am suggesting that to be a fair comparison, we need to use the
> same total power data.
>
> I have been informed by Larry that all the 12m (the ALMA 64 and the ACA 4)
> antennas have the the same electronics for total power.  There are square
> law analog detectors that can be used for fast total power continuum, or
> the autocorrelation spectra from the correlators, which can still work
> pretty fast.  The 4 antennas in the ACA are special in that they are the
> only ones which will have nutators.

Yes.
But, my question is "how do you control the antenna scan".
To get good quality total power data, we need to scan every
antennavery fast as you know very much.  But for
interferometric observation, such a scan is too fast to
take cross-correlation data.  So I do not know
how to take total power data and interferometeric data
simultaneously.

Koh-Ichiro