[mmaimcal]For discussion Tuesday ImCal meeting

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Sat Jan 26 15:54:47 EST 2002

Dear Jaap:

We just had the Configuration Design Review here in Socorro.  Since it
impacts several IPTs we thought it would be useful to have a review at
the ALMA Week sessions.  By that time, the leader of the effort should
have finished some iteration with the transporter and site development
groups making a face to face meeting particularly apropos.  I would
estimate 0.5 days.  I will need to leave Friday, owing to previous
binding commitments for Saturday 27 April.

We should review the calibration plans, as these cross several IPTs also
and it is a good opportunity to discuss impasses, etc.  I'm worried that
progress may be falling behind in the calibration area.  The calibration
group will meet over the next few weeks to assess the status of
calibration efforts.

So please add:
Guilloteau/Wootten     Configuration review - 0.5 days
Guilloteau/Wootten     Calibration review   - 1 day?
     Calibration -- including what site characterization group can do,
water vapor monitoring, and IRMA (deployment perhaps in May), and ATF
plans.

Best regards,
Al

Jaap Baars wrote:
On behalf of the AEC, I have the pleasure to present you some
information on the planning of the ALMA Week, which will take place in
Granada, Spain from 23-27 April 2002.

Up to now, as a reaction to my earlier email, the following meetings
have been announced:

Glendinning             - Software group - Phase 2
"kick-off"                   2 days
Lucas                   - SSR
group                                             2 days
Sramek                  - Backend
PDR                                           2 days
Nyman/Radford           - Calibration/Site Characterization joint
meet          0.5 d
Mangum          - Plans of the AEG for the Antenna Test Facility
0.5 d
AEC                     - face-to-face
meeting                                  2 days

AEC                     - plenary: IPT reports and
planning                     1 day (or more if needed)
AEC                     - plenary: concluding summary
meeting                   0.5 day

There will be a l ate afternoon session, planned by our Spanish
colleagues and IRAM, to present ALMA to a broadeer Spanish public
(Granada University, Spanish industry, officials), where some of you
will be asked to give a presentation.

If any of you envision a meeting, n ot listed above, please inform me
of your plan as early as possible, so we may start the overall
planning of the agenda.
The local organisation requests to know the number of participants to
enable them to block rooms at a competitive price. Please give m e
your indication of the numbeer of likely participants from your IPT
(or any others, you might want to invite to attend) by 7 February at
the latest.

For the "IPT report and planning" plenary session, you will receive a
separate letter from the AEC o n the requested form and content of
your contribution.

thank you for your attention to these matters,

with best regards,

Jaap