[mmaimcal] Re: Next ACA Tiger Team telecon 1415 UT 4 Sept

Koh-Ichiro Morita morita at nro.nao.ac.jp
Tue Sep 4 12:05:47 EDT 2001

Dear Stephane, Jerome, and Frederich,

In today's teleconference, the condition of line was not good and
sometimes, I could not here from you.  So, I am worrying whether
I answered to you correctly or not.

In my report, there are very few explanations about simulation
procedures or parameters, so, maybe, it is hard for you to understand
many things.  I will add detailed explanations to it, soon.

Main point of my report is the improvement of imaging quality by
ACA strongly depends on thermal noise.   So, I suspect whether
it is OK to extrapolate actual performance from noiseless simulations.

But, I agree that such a tendency depends on deconvolution algorithm.
I think MEM is sometimes unstable in noisy cases.  So, I would like
to know such performance of your algorithm.  Do you have any
simulation examples including thermal noise?

Regards,
Koh-Ichiro