[mmaimcal] Sensitivities continued

Steven T. Myers smyers at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Wed Jul 12 18:21:02 EDT 2000

We are routinely getting noise temperatures of 12-14K over 10 GHz of
bandwidth at 32 GHz on both CBI and DASI now.  I think Al's estimates are
fine, though with the optics design one might expect as much as 8 K from
ground spillover (pessimistically).  Actually, I think this is the one
band where we DO have a good estimate of the performance, as there are now
more than 26 recievers out there using the NRAO HEMT (MAP) design.