[mmaimcal] Munich

Steven T. Myers smyers at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 29 10:48:39 EST 2000

It is not clear to me why there needs to be some (small) hard limit to
subarrays such as 4 - is there a good explanation on how they are
implemented?

It seems ludicrous to use one antenna in single-dish mode.  Why would you
add in single-dish data with much worse noise level if your desire is
to actually improve the images?  My guess (purely a guess) is something
like sqrt(N) = 8 for N=64 antennas is the minimum...

Any other killers?

Is there a phone meeting this afternoon?

   -steve

|:| Steven T. Myers                      |:|  Associate Scientist      |:|
|:| National Radio Astronomy Observatory |:|                           |:|
|:| P.O. Box O                           |:|  1003 Lopezville Rd.      |:|
|:| Socorro, NM 87801                    |:|  Ph:  (505) 835-7294      |:|
|:| smyers at nrao.edu                      |:|  FAX: (505) 835-7027      |:|
|:| http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~smyers      |:|                           |:|