[mmaimcal] Re: ALMA total power integration times

Brian Glendenning bglenden at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 17 15:14:27 EDT 2000

> might be a little more complicated.  The main scientific use of
> the total power measurement would be on-the-fly (OTF) mapping, and
> there we do not really want to average anything.

I think even for OTF mapping one would generally want to average down since
the 2ms TP "dump time" was set so that we could sample the primary beam
adequately at ~900GHz. Presumably at lower frequencies the integration time
should (or at least could) go up by something like the ratio of the
frequencies.

Cheers,
Brian