[mmaimcal] MAC Face-to-face meeting

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Fri Sep 3 14:52:04 EDT 1999

                   The Atacama Large Millimeter Array
                  Science Advisory Committees Meeting

                          October 9,   1999
                      At: Omni Shoreham Hotel
                      2500 Calvert Street NW
                      Washington, D.C. 20008
                      Telephone:(202)234-0700
                Reservation Facsimile: (202) 756-5145
                      Guest Facsimile: (202) 265-7972

The Science Advisory Meeting for the Atacama Large Millimeter Array
will be held on 9 October, 1999, at the Omni Shoreham Hotel, located
off Connecticut Avenue in Rock Creek Park.  This is near the Woodley
Park Metro subway stop.  Parking at the hotel is available for guests
at $14 per day.

A special rate, 2/3 the normal rate,  has been negotiated by AUI with
the hotel.  When reserving a room, please be sure to mention that you
want a room within the AUI block.
The number of rooms at this special rate is limited in number and subject
to availability.  BE SURE TO RESERVE A ROOM BEFORE 10 September 1999!
If you wish, please let cwhite at nrao.edu know you plan to attend and she
can reserve the room for MAC members.  Remember, Washington is
very popular during October and rooms can be difficult to find.

A map is available at the ALMA meeting WWW site.  The hotel is denoted
by the flagged address; the conference site by the orange number '1.'
The ALMA Science meeting WWW site is at:
http://www.alma.nrao.edu/science/science99.html

Please make your own travel arrangments; Reimbursement forms will be provided
MAC members at the meeting.  MAC travel expenses will be paid by the NRAO
subject to the usual criteria--coach class economy airfare on a US carrier.

We are developing the agenda and will distribute a draft of that soon.
Important issues include the joint US/European Design and Development
Plan, which will be presented at the meeting, science questions, and
the evolution of the MAC, SAC and LMSAC into the Alma Science Advisory
Committee, which we expect to accomplish at the meeting.

| Alwyn  Wootten   (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)	 |
| Project Scientist, Atacama Large Millimeter Array/US   |
| Astronomer, National Radio Astronomy Observatory       |
| 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475, USA |
| (804)-296-0329 voice             Help us build The ALMA|
| (804)-296-0278 FAX               {>    {>    {>    {>  |