[mmaimcal] 183 GHz baseline plan

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 30 10:01:52 EDT 1999

I agree that we almost certainly do NOT want the 183 GHz receiver to serve
as the WVR monitor in what we finally build.  I am under the impression
that the plan Darrel proposed is simply to convey to the committee that
we have a plan, and to effect some lowering of the imagined cost of the
array.

I doubt that anyone has costed chopping secondaries for the array either, but I
am pretty much convinced that they will be necessary.  The SMA ones cost
$350K each, and chop be 2'.5 at 8 Hz only, I understand.