[mmaimcal] antenna stations

Simon Radford sradford at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 14 11:03:40 EST 1999

Leonia,

Thanks for the clarification and the reminder.

I should have distinguished between your "donut" configurations, where
there are inner and outer rings for each configuration, and simple
"rings", where each configuration has only one ring. Your donut
configurations achieve what I called "linear reuse." Scaled to the ALMA
parameters, they would have a total of 235 stations.

The VLA, by the way, actually does better than linear reuse. Each arm
has 24 stations that support four configurations for 9 antennae. So the
reuse fraction alpha = 4/9. Scaled to the ALMA paramters, beta = 3.2 and
there would be a total of 207 stations.

Simon