[mmaimcal] 14 August, final arrangements

Peter Napier pnapier at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 11 10:23:48 EDT 1999

For those of you planning to attend the Large Millimeter Array Workshop
at URSI GA, here are the final arrangements for the 14 August Workshop.
Note that the rooms for the parallel sessions DO have overhead
projectors.
Peter

I attach the ALMA Workshop agenda and the final draft programmes of the
workshop sub meetings. Rooms are as follows:
SF 1105 on Saturday morning;
Parallel sessions after lunch:
Antennas SF 1105,
Calibration and imaging SF 1101,
Receivers MP 134,
Syatem MP 137

These may be changed depending on numbers attending and room size.

All rooms have overhead projectors

The codes refer to buildings as follows:
The buildings are: MP=McLennan Physics, 60 St. George Street; MS=Medical
Sciences, 1 King's College Circle; SF=Sandford Fleming, 10 King's
College Road;
SI=Simcoe Hall, 27 King's College Circle.

See campus map on the web http://oracle.osm.utoronto.ca/map/

Comm J sressions will be held in: MP 103 from Monday next.

The Large Millimetre Arrays - Engineering Progress and Scientific
Prospects
URSI Comm J Workshop,
URSI General Assembly, Toronto
0830-1830, Saturday 14 August, 1999

This one-day workshop is intended to provide an opportunity for people
working on the ALMA project, and for others interested in millimetre and
submillimeter arrays, to meet and discuss problems of common interest.
First, a few talks of general interest will be given. Then the workshop
will split into four parallel working groups for detailed discussions on
topics in the four areas of Antennas, Receivers, Systems and
Science(calibration and imaging).

General Interest Talks (20 min):

Status of European-ALMA Project R. Kurz (ESO)
Status of US-ALMA Project R. Brown (NRAO)
Status of LMSA Project M. Ishiguro (Nobeyama)
Recent results from joint site testing on the
Chajnantor 5000m site S.Radford (NRAO)
Photonic local oscillator generation and distribution J. Payne (NRAO)
Broad band communication network in chile E. Vera (Nobeyama)
Worldwide development of SIS mixer junctions and their
production T.Noguchi (Nobeyama)
Advanced Correlator Concepts A. van Ardenne (NFRA)

After lunch, there will be the following parallel sessions and
att end of the day there will be 4x10 min summaries of major working
group conclusions.

Agendas for the Large Millimeter Array Workshop Parallel Sessions
URSI, Toronto, 14 August 1999

Some of these may not be absolutely final agendas but they do give a
good indication of topics to be discussed.

Agenda for ALMA Antenna Workshop, 14 August
1999, Toronto. Convenors Torben Andersen, Peter Napier, Nobuharu Ukita

--
Peter Napier
NRAO