[mmaimcal] survey requirements

Eduardo Hardy ehardy at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 28 16:12:07 EDT 1999

Dear all,

I've just talked to Fluor Daniels, the contractors for Gas Atacama in
Chile re. precise UTM coordinates for the crossing points, which I will
be faxing to Jeff K. They have finally released them!

In addition, knowing your topography requirements I asked them if they
had set up absolute markers and to what precision. The answer is yes
and to a high precision, of the order of centimeters. Too good to be
true, but to be explored.

I'm requesting Gas Atacama to request these markers from them. They are
monolites that in many cases should still exist on the site.

Regards,

Eduardo