[mmaimcal] Meeting Monday morning

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 16 16:46:57 EDT 1998

Let's meet at the regular meeting time Monday, if everyone can.
Date:   Monday, 19 October, 1998

Time:   11:00 am EDT    (9:00 am Socorro, 8:00 am Tucson/CA)

Phone:  (804)296-7082   (CV SoundStation Premier Conference phone).

Past minutes, etc on http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/mmaimcal/mmaimcal.html

Agenda
--------
At this meeting we were to discuss configurations.  However, Tamara is
just back from U. Md. and I don't know that she will want to lead an hour's
discussion of this first thing Monday morning.  Other items:

MAC Meeting:  Review (Al)
        Areas of concern are items which may drive cost but whose
           scientific justification is not clear to all:
        (1) Nutating subreflector - do we need one?
        (2) Fast switching - does it drive design unnecessarily?
        (3) Amplitude Calibration to 1% - what is the 'right' level?
        (4) Correlator--how to sample the IF band (analog vs digital)
        (5) Antenna size 10m vs 12m

LMA Science Meeting (Al)
        Bob has suggested holding one in Washington with Congressional staffers
          invited in Fall, 1999 (after World LMA MOU and URSI Meetings next
          summer, and just before FY2000 budget).

>From DivHd meeting:  Is 100 M Baseline OK for Phase 1 Test Interferometer
Background:  Emerson talked on the different elements of staying with
an 100 M baseline for Phase 1 of the test interferometer.  Please send
him comments sometime this week as he would like to get back Escoffier
on this issue.

Project Book: Project Book chapters are due to Emerson 23Oct.  Authors who
have not submitted your chapters, please do so.

Other items??

Action Items 19Oct98
------
URSI Meeting (Radford)

Travel
------

T. Helfer:07Oct-17Oct (Green Bank/UMD), 20-22 Nov (Chi) 26Nov-09Dec (Tenerife)
A. Wootten: 13Oct-15Oct (U. Md.)  20-22 Nov (Chi)
J. Mangum: 20-22 Nov (Chi)
S. Radford: 20-22 Nov (Chi)

| Alwyn  Wootten   (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)	 |
| Project Scientist, The Millimeter Array                |
| Astronomer, National Radio Astronomy Observatory       |
| 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475, USA |
| (804)-296-0329 voice Help us build The Millimeter Array|
| (804)-296-0278 FAX           {>    {>    {>    {>      |