[mmaimcal] questions regarding antenna RFP

Bryan Butler bbutler at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Dec 2 18:09:40 EST 1998

hello group,

peter & jeff kingsley are here in socorro going over some issues
for the antenna RFP, and had some questions which i gave them my
opinion on, but they thought (and i wholeheartedly agree :) that
it would be good for our group to address them in a more formal
way (like, by talking about them next monday?).  two items:

 1 - regarding the nutating subreflector.  does the pointing spec
     need to be met while the subreflector is nutating?

 2 - regarding offset pointing.  are we (our group) comfortable with
     the idea of offset pointing correcting some substantial fraction
     of the pointing error?  especially in regards to wind buffeting.

	-bryan